How To Brew With A Moka Pot
lee peng eng
Love your coffee, brew like an Italian.
Brew like the Italians brew. Complement your Moka Pot with Illy Moka Ground that has been exclusively ground to extract the best possible flavors during the brewing process. Grind size is very important for all types of brewing. When the grind size is too fine it can cause your Moka pot to clog during brewing. If its too coarse, you get tasteless, weak coffee.
Step 1: Add Water
Fill the lower chamber with cold water just below the valve.
Step 2: Add Coffee
Insert the funnel and fill it with ground coffee (do not tamp). Remove any coffee grounds on the edge of the funnel. Tightly screw the upper part of the pot on to the base. Avoid using handle for leverage.
Step 3: Add Heat
Select burner size to fit bottom of the Moka. For gas stovetop, make sure the flame is not larger than bottom of the Moka. The flame should not come around the sides of the pot. Heat until the water boils and coffee begins to come out of the center post. There will be a gurgling sound during this process.
Step 4: Enjoy
When the top of the pot is full of coffee, remove from stove. Before pouring coffee, stir it in the upper chamber with a small spoon to equalize all the different coffee layers for optimum flavor.
- To produce a great cup of Moka Pot coffee, always ground your coffee right before brewing. Freshly ground coffee will give an amazing brew result. If you don't own a coffee grinder, we recommend to use Illy Moka Ground Coffee. It's one of the best existing coffee that's been perfectly ground to brew with Moka Pot that produces delicious cup of coffee.
- Make sure to use the right grind size when brewing with a Moka Pot. Grind size plays an important role to the quality of your brew. When the grind is too fine, it might clog and disturbs the brewing process. When the grind is too coarse, you might not get any flavour from the coffee.
- Use just the right amount of heat while brewing. Too much heat could produce burnt taste/smell. It may take some trial and error.
- For best results always use clean filtered water.
- Wash by hand with warm water
- Dry thoroughly with a towel
- Do not reassemble until all parts are completely dry
- Do not use is the dishwasher
- Do not use and abrasive products to clean the Moka Pot
Browse through the biggest collection of Bialetti Moka Pot in Malaysia. ENJOY BREWING!